We’ve already covered how to preserve baseband on iOS 5 upgrade on Mac OS X. Now we will look onto preserving baseband while updating to iOS 5 on Windows.
On Mac, we used Redsn0w for the purpose, now for Windows, we are gonna use the Sn0wbreeze tool which can also preserve the baseband on firmware upgrade.
Before going further, you can have a peep at the details of installing Ultrasn0w 1.2.4.
How To Preserve Baseband On iOS 5 Upgrade On Widnows :
Things required :
Now, we shall move forward to the steps for doing it.
1. Launch Sn0wbreeze 2.8b8 and drag the iOS 5 IPSW file to the gray colored box in Sn0wbreeze window.
2. Click ” Next ” and choose the ” Baseband Preservation Mode ” option and click ” Next “.
3. Wait till Sn0wbreeze finishes building the custom firmware and click ” OK ” once done.
4. Now enter into DFU mode. To do it, hold down home + power buttons for 10 seconds and then release the power button, but keep on holding home for about 10 more seconds.
5. Now in the DFU Pwner screen in Sn0wbreeze, click the ” Start ” button.
6. Once your iPhone is in Pwned DUF state, exit Sn0wbreeze and open iTunes.
7. Now, choose your iPhone in iTunes and hold down the Shift key and click on ” Restore “.
8. Now, point to the custom made iOS 5 IPSW and wait for the process to finish.
We’ll be up with more updates and guides on iOS 5 jailbreak and unlock. Don’t miss them!