If you are so eager to explore iOS 5 and need an unlock on it, then here is how to unlock iOS 5 by preserving the baseband on upgrading to it and then installing Ultrasn0w 1.2.4.
We’ve already covered the guides for upgrading to iOS 5 without updating the baseband for both Windows and Mac OS X :
- How To Preserve Baseband On iOS 5 Upgrade On Windows
- How To Preserve Baseband On iOS 5 Upgrade On Mac
Now, after you have updated to iOS 5 preserving the baseband and jailbroken your device and obtained Cydia, you will need to install Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 to unlock iOS 5 on your iPhone.
But to know if Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 works on your device, check out our article on it here.
1. Open Cydia.
2. Select the ” Manage ” tab.
3. Choose ” Sources “.
4. Tap on ” Edit ” and then ” Add “.
5. Add the following repository to the sources : http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/
6. Now search for Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 in Cydia and install it.
You’re done! You have unlocked your iPhone on iOS 5.
We’ll be up with more updates and guides on iOS 5 jailbreak and unlock. Don’t miss them!